Mt Hutt Bunkhouse & Lodge ltd complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual. (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act.
If you wish to seek further information about the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website.
The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
WHO DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via our website, phone calls or email.
- you, when you sign in at our reception with the wherewolf app.(https://www.getwherewolf.com/legal/privacy-policy/)
- through third party booking agents to who you have provided you personal information.
- you, through a third party credit card facility, BBH secure site.(https://www.bbh.co.nz/default.aspx?bbh=info&topic=bd_PrivacyText)
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
- To verify your identity
- To provide services to you.
- To market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically e.g. by text or email
- To contact you for any reason if necessary
- To improve the services and products that we provide for you
- To bill you and collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions.
- To respond to communications from you including complaints.
- To conduct research and statistical analysis, including Statistics New Zealand’s monthly data.( https://www.stats.govt.nz/help-with-surveys/privacy-security-and-confidentiality-of-survey-data/)
- To protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- For any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your Personal Information to
- Another company within our group
- Any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products.
- Other third parties for anonymised statistical information, e.g Statistics New Zealand.
- A person who can require us to supply your personal information e.g a regulatory authority.
- Any other person authorised by the Act or another law, e.g. a law enforcement agency.
- Any other person authorised by you.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take all reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity or other misuse.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right ,we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
If you wish to exercise the above rights, email us at . Your email should provide evidence of you you are and set out the details of your request. We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
If you post your personal information on the websites message board, chat room or facebook, you knowledge and agree that the information you post is publicly available.